Thursday, December 27, 2007

What was I thinking?

It was soooo boring here at work yesterdaty that I decided to take 4 hrs of AL (annual leave) and head home to my airman. I did have some errands to run anyways, so off we went.

First to the Licensing Department. Don't get me started on the Florida licensing department. Can you say "Hosed"? Did not get anything accomplished there. USAA sent the required document to them in July and they still have not transferred the title to our car. So now USAA has to request a new one from Washington and then this time they will send it to me so I can take it in myself and get it done.

Then we had to go to the VW Dealership because Shay is missing the little thingy that holds the mud flap to the underside of her car. Don't ask me what they call it, I just call it the little thingy. They said it would take about 30 minutes so I told we would be back and we headed across the street to the car wash. It was so so bad in her car. She let her friend smoke in it while they were driving here(why would someone start smoking again after going without for almost 7 weeks?) and of course they were eating in the car too. So 1 1/2 hours later and we had a new smelling car back. It is a 2007 after all!. While we waited we walked around the strip mall and Shay got a pedicure. Months of wearing boots causes calluses and blisters and her feet were UGLY. Then back to the VW Dealership to find out that they usually carry that part but happen to be out. How can you be out of little thingys?

By now it was 5pm and I told Shay we had 45 minutes we could spend at the mall. This is where the "What was I thinking" comes from because WHAT WAS I THINKING?! It took almost that long to find a parking spot but we did find a good one. First stop was Victorias Secret. They did not have any of the flannel jammies in a small so she opted for the long john styleed ones. It was so crowded in there and they do not have the check out very organized. They had 5 cashiers and 4 lines. Why can't they make one line and feed the cashiers that way. Because you know the slowest line is the one that you get in. And I was in the one line that fed into the 2 cashiers and it still took longer than some of the single lines. Next stop was Forever 21. I stayed to pay at VS while Shay went over to Forever 21. I found her in the dressing room and got scared. Looked like she had lots of clothes in ther ewith her and I saw the dollar signs adding up. Trying to convince her that she does not have to spend money she has in her account just because it is there. Well, she came out and put everything back. By now it is 5:40 and I say we gotta go. Now we spend 15 minutes getting out of the parking lot.

It was a quiet evening at home. We all stood around the island and made our own Calzones and then watched We Are Marshall. Very good movie. Tried to copy pictures off memory cards onto computer so we can download them to the new digital frames that we all got for Christmas. That is such a long process and now I have to delete some because some pictures should never be seen by others at the office.

Also yesterday I read an article about this woman in Florida who created these coins to give to Service Members as an appreciation gift. I do not know how to post photos yet but here is the link. I ordered a bunch to be able to hand out to Military Service Members I meet at the airport or other places. Here is the link, go check them out.

Well she contacted me and asked if Shay would be interested in a Photo Op having her two boys (4 and 6) give her a coin. Seems she never has her camera with her when she needs it. I could not believe that Shay agreed. She never likes to be the center of attention and I thought she would not. But when she found out it was two little boys she agreed. We are going to meet them on Sat and Shay will be in her Blues. I will try to post a photo if I ever learn how.

That pretty much sums up our evening. Now I am back to work and will wait out the day because I am off the rest of the month and return to work on Jan 7th. Shay and I will leave on Jan 3rd to head to Dayton, OH to get her settled in her new dorm room because she starts inproccessing on the 7th. I am already counting the months until I will get to see her again. We are going to meet in Phoenix in June for my god daughters wedding. That is such a long time from now. I may have to make the trip to Dayton before then.

Have a good day and maybe tomorrow I will have learned how to post photos here.


Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Posting photos isnt hard - you did it on the side bar - it's the same!

Lovin the blog - keep it up! :-)


Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the pictures of Shay and the two little ones! With Hallie's help and maybe even Shay's, you'll be a pro at adding pics any second.

All the best - and hug the stuffing outta that Airman for me,