Friday, March 28, 2008

What I did on my day off (so far)

I work a schedule so I get every other Friday off. I had never done that in any of my other jobs (was not offered) but now that I work for the VA they allow compressed schedules. I work 9 hour days Mon-Thur and then 8 on Fri and get alternating Fridays off. Since I don't earn as much vacation as Iwould like it makes it nice to get three day weekends. Sometimes longer if they coinside with a holiday. ANYWAY, today being my day off is supposed to be my sleep in day. Did I get to sleep in? NOOOOOO. Daughter calls every morning around 6:45 when she is on her way to the hospital. I reminded her last night that this was my Friday off. Who called this morning? YEP! A1C Shay! Now don't get me wrong. I LOVE talking to my daughter and I am so excited that in 6 days I will get to see her, live and in person, that I am beside myself. But please...it was my day off. Another thing that kept me from sleeping in is that hubby scheduled his military physical for today so he had to get up early anyway. And it seems that I am the alarm clock. So I was up at 6:45 because my phone rang and then I continued to be up because hubby was getting ready. So I got the dogs up and took them outside to potty and then dragged them back to bed with me. They are such bed hogs. I don't know how people do it of a full time basis. We have a queen size bed and they were literally on top of me.

Well, we got up around 8:30 and then I had to take Binde to the vet for her comprehensive exam. Everything looks great, she has lost a couple of pounds (wish I could say the same) and she got her anal glands expressed. DO NOT ASK ME TO EXPLAIN. So all the dogs got to go with (I have three) and we walked around Petsmart and got new chew toys and treats. Now they are all exhausted and sleeping.

Tomorrow we have a dog show in Palmetto, FL. Not too far which means we do not have to stay in a hotel. I have decided that this is the deadline for Binde to prove herself. If she doesn't get at least a point this time then I am going to hold her back until she matures a little. She is such a puppy! She won't pay attention and looks everywhere but at the judge.

I guess now would be a good time to go to the grocery store so I will sign off for now.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Poor Michelle...so much for day off, but at least you got to play with your 3 pals :)

You're getting closer to seeing Shay! So happy for you and I know you are just SO excited! I was thinking about Lea & V today! Gosh that time passed fast...well for me, not them!

Have a great weekend, hon!