Sunday, May 18, 2008

I'm getting a Foreign Exchange Student!!

So I told ya how I read an article about the animal clinic that will take wild animals and save them. In the same local news paper I read about Foreign Exchange Students needing host homes. So I started thinking (that is a bad thing). Shay is going to be going all the way to Spokane, WA and Wes will be leaving in July for 10 months and I am going to be all by myself, in this big house, with 3 dogs. A recipe for going crazy for sure if you ask me. So why not get a student to share my house with? On Monday I made the call and on Wed night they were at my house to interview us. There were 3 of them and they brought 2 binders full of students to choose from. We decided on a young lady from Sweden. We actually gave them 2 choices, in case the first choice was already taken. Just our luck, both were already taken so we had to select another one. We chose a girl named Anna. I know they have already started by background check because they called my work on Friday. She will be here from middle August until early June. I am actually getting excited to help her experience American High School life. Here is a picture of her. Hopefully we will know for sure soon.


Only 4 days till Shay gets home!!

No comments: