Monday, June 23, 2008

We're backkkkkk

WOW, I should leave more often. I got more comments than on any other post. We returned from Key West today. It was a long (7 hour) drive but was better than the drive down. On the way down there was much more traffic (Friday afternoon). If you get the chance to go, go. We stayed at the Navel Air Station Annex in the lodge. It only costs $50.00 a night. What a deal. They also have trailers and townhouses you can rent through the MWR (Moral, Welfare and Recreation) so we might check them out next time. There is so much to see and do that you can't do it all. Duval Street is like New Orleans at Mardi Gras. It is the happening street with all the bars, shops and galleries. You have to go to Mallory Square just before sunset because that is where all the street vendors and acts are set up to celebrate the sunset. We toured Hemingway's house, went to the beach and yesterday did a glass bottom boat tour. I am not a boat person so did not have the best time. But I am happy to say that I am not the only person who lost their breakfast!!! Lots of colorful people to watch and great food. I told hubby that I was not cooking this week. We have to eat cereal of sandwiches. I am busy going through 200 emails and catching up on my blog reading. I will get to the pictures tomorrow. Thanks for all the comments. This would be a fun "girls" trip if anyone is interested.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Well me and Lisa won't be able to comment fast enough on going LOL!!

I'm glad you are back safely and other than losing your breakfast had a good time! I can't wait to see the pictures...

Gosh, it's 7 hours from Tampa! Good grief that's a long state.

P.S. You are very welcome and it is much deserved!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

A book of Halleisms? I think that's a great idea. And yes, I will give you an autographed copy for free.

Damn, I'm generous!!

Hallie

Lisa said...

Glad you are home, hope you find the label-less cans as a joke and the saran wrap on the toilet didn't cause too much of a mess!! That will teach you to run off and leave your friends and house behind! Thank you for the award, want to email me and tell me how to link? And how do I put the little award thing on my blog?