Well, I am officialy back. I returned from Ohio on Sunday but have not been up to posting until today. Feeling a little blue now that my airman is no longer here for me to touch. Somehow it does not make it any easier being able to talk and text with her every day. But I feel good that she is settled in her "dorm room" and getting through the inprocessing and will start classes again tomorrow. Her room now has a double bed, desk, dresser, tv drawer thingy, wall locker and an easy chair. The room also has a sink and microwave and a shared bathroom. Yesterday they were told by the dorm manager that they would be moving to the next building over in about 2 weeks and will most likely have to share a room. WHAT? Do they not know this girl? She as too much stuff to be able to share that space with another. Looks like she may have to ship some of the stuff back home. Not making hubby happy but I am fine with it.
I got tagged by anopther Air Force Mom http://deb_inside.typepad.com/ while I was away. I have never been tagged until now so will struggle through this. Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person's blog who tagged you. done
2. Post these rules on your blog. done
3. List seven random and or weird facts about yourself. done
4. Tag seven random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. not done
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by posting a comment on their blog. not done
1. I love country music. Not weird and not unusual but it was the first thing that came to mind.
2. I am a black belt in Karate. You probably would not know that by looking at me. I miss my Karate so much. I have not been able to find a school that teaches the same principles since I moved to Florida
3. I am the youngest child and the only girl. I was very much a tom boy growing up. I actually got told I was in the wrong bathroom at the movies once.
4. I do not like vegetables. I eat lettuce, celery and carrots. But not cooked. I do like corn and potatoes too.
5. I show and breed French Bulldogs. You can see my babies at www.2starsfrenchbulldogs.com
6. I am a Navy brat who joined the Army. My father was in the Navy or 21 years and I was in the Army for 22 years. Both of my brothers were also in the Navy with one of them retiring from the Navy Reserves as a LT Commander.
7. I am in the process of attaining my Australian Citizenship by Decent. My mother was born and raised in Australia. She was the baby of 11 and the only one to come to the states. All our relatives on her side of the family are still in Australia. My brother and I are leaving on Feb 3rd to take her ashes to be burried with her family.
Whew!! I got through that. But I do not know anyone, other than those already tagged, to send this to. So sorry, the tag stops here.
I am back to work and trying to get caught up. So goodbye for now. I will post some pics later.
Words With Friends (With A Side Of Nausea)
1 week ago